Tuesday 27 August 2013

Singer Nikki Laoye On How & Why She Kept Her Virginity Till She Got Married At 30

Nikki after her performance yesterday
 
This is from an interview Vine Magazine had with her.
  • Talking about your wedding, there is this talk flying around that you got married as a virgin, how true is that??
Yes, it is true!
  • How did you do it?
 This issue caused a lot of noise on the internet because a lot of people carried it with sarcasm. Some people were like I was trying to feel holier than thou.
The truth is it was part of my project. If I was really going to be a model to people, I had to let it show from my life. I can boldly stand to tell someone now that you can wait till you are married. I’m
not telling them that you will not have temptations, you will have, we are human beings, we have feelings, you will want to be kissed and touched but the truth is we can control it, we are not animals.
 
Sex is a huge responsibility, especially for the woman. Understand that you are a sexual being, you have passion, it’s good, it’s great but keep it. Ever since I was young I had always told God that I was going to keep myself till my marriage. It’s just a good thing and It’s a good thing to give your husband. He will know that you are just for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment