Tuesday 18 June 2013

Katy Perry: Russell Brand Said He Was Divorcing Me Via Text

Credit: Courtesy Vogue
Katy Perry: Russell Brand Said He Was Divorcing Me Via Text

Katy Perry says Russell Brand was "a magical man" when they met four years ago, but the spell wore off shortly after their Indian wedding in October 2010. And it bottomed out when the actor sent her a text 14 months later informing her he planned to file for divorce.

"He's a very smart man, and I was in love with him when I married him," Perry tells Vogue in a revealing cover interview for its July issue. "Let's just say I haven't heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me December 31, 2011."

Perry, 28, says that Brand, 38, seemed to have difficulty accepting her role as a successful musician and businesswoman – even if that's what he thought he wanted.

"At first when I met him he wanted an equal, and I think a lot of times strong men do want an equal, but then they get that equal and they're like, I can't handle the equalness," she says.



Perry moved on with musician John Mayer in 2012, and says their coupling was much more than a casual rebound relationship. Despite his Lothario reputation, she says, Mayer is a great guy with a "tortured soul.

"I was madly in love with him. I still am madly in love with him," says Perry, who was spotted out with Mayer earlier this month.

Adds the pop star, who is currently at work on her third album, "All I can say about that relationship is that he's got a beautiful mind. Beautiful mind, tortured soul. I do have to figure out why I am attracted to these broken birds."

No comments:

Post a Comment